So, yesterday, I (as you may or may not have read already) tried to publish a blog regarding my nomination for the “Most Versatile Blogger Award”, and at the last second, my computer…sort of ate it or something. I was very upset, especially because it took me a really, really long time to finish because I was busy doing a bunch of other stuff so I was writing in little snatches. That sounds SO much dirtier than what I was actually doing, that I had to stop and chuckle. Sorry, mom.
ANYWAY…I was incredibly flattered and stoked to be nominated by…well, it’s an anonymous blog, so I guess I’ll call her “Mrs. Mess” at being a beautiful mess ( I really hope that works as a link, I am having some problems figuring this out. If it doesn’t, i strongly encourage you to search it. It will be worth the effort.)
Oh my gosh! I am going to try to hurry and do this, as it is now Sunday morning, my first day back to work in what feels like two weeks, but it’s actually only been one. Yes, I was on vacation. Yes, I still didn’t blog. I’m really sorry. I just didn’t feel like it! I don’t know what else to say. Not very versatile of me, was it? Okay, I apologize…that was a really bad segue into my POINT, which was:
THANK YOU! How cool to be nominated for an award! I had hoped it would happen one day, but I didn’t think it would be now. I kind of feel like I don’t deserve it. But I am going to try to earn it by being more consistent, I promise. Okay, so, onward and upward!
Here are the rules of acceptance:
1.) Add the award to your blog. Here it is!
2.) Thank the blogger who gave it to you, and include a link to their blog:
Thank you, Mrs. M, you are a sweet woman who writes deeply and from the heart. I really appreciate you thinking of me. I am going to post this link again, in hopes that if you have not clicked on it already, you will now- a beautiful mess .
3.) Mention seven random things about yourself. (I’ll get back to this one.)
4.) list the rules
5.) Nominate fifteen or more other bloggers for this award.
Okay, so, 7 random things about me. Here goes:
1) When I think about something that embarrasses me, I hum, out loud. I have done this since at least my early twenties, and have no idea why. But if you hear me humming for no apparent reason, tunelessly and out of the blue, you can bet your ass I am thinking about the time my daughter took my thong underwear to school for show-n-tell. (Yes, that really happened, and YES, it was a Christian preschool. Hmmm-hmm-hmm!)
2) I have a cool, little, flat mole on the inside of my third toe, right foot, left side. I always check to make sure it is still there. I did it just now. It is.
3) When I weigh myself, and it doesn’t look good, I automatically assume the scale is broken. I call this “survival of the fattest”, and it works for me.
4) I am incapable of sleeping later than eight in the morning, no matter what time I go to bed. I CAN get up and then go back to bed in an hour or two, but I have to get up for a little bit.
5) I am in love with Goodwill. I buy about 85% of my clothing there. Yesterday I bought 5 shirts and a pair of shoes for $19.50. Even if I only wear two of the shirts three times, and none of the rest of it, I feel like I got a good deal.
6) I seriously want to wait to repair my credit until I see if the world ends this year.
7) I have reached a point in my life where I no longer have an interest in waxing my own body or painting my own toe nails. I will gladly pay someone else, but I’m not doing it.
And here is the tough part- nominating 15 bloggers. Not because there aren’t fifteen awesome bloggers to nominate, but because I don’t think I read 15 blogs, in all honesty. I am going to do the best I can, here, and I apologize if I bend the rules a little bit.
1) I would like to re-nominate the girl…er, woman, sorry…who nominated me in the first place. I am not going to post yet a third link to her page here, but I will call her Mrs. M from a beautiful mess. Oh, what the heck. Took five seconds.
2) My buddy Bennie at My Ideal Woman. He is awesome, engaging, personable and relate-able. I LOVE HIM. Check it out.
3) One of my personal favorites, Heather Christina Schmidt at B(itch) Log. Hilarious.
And you know what? I have to get ready for work now, so I will have to finish this later. Gives you time to check out the bloggers I have posted here already. Have a great day, you guys, and thank you so, so, so, so much for reading!