I woke up pissed off this morning. My dog, who has probably a few fleas, but a major dollop of nervous doggish-ness, sat next to me on the floor and scratched, ALL NIGHT. ALL FREAKING NIGHT. I can’t seem to stop being all sweaty, and my sleep, with these two elements in full force, made my night suck balls.
Also, my oldest daughter decided she wanted to move home, so while I was gone, she switched our bedrooms…sort of. What I mean by this is, half the stuff that was in each room is now in my living room. The living room, by the way, being where I slept last night, because when we tried to put the TV in my “new” room, the cable doesn’t work in there. It took me forty five minutes on the phone with comcast to figure this out.
So, I woke up pissed off. My house is a mess, and my life is turned upside down, and I don’t like it.
Except, I realized I am looking at it all the wrong way.
1) I have a dog that LOVES me, and, in spite of her misery, sat next to me all night long to protect me.
2) I am sweaty because I am sweating shit out of my system, which means I am healing.
3) My daughter chose to come home. She loves me, and she worked her ass off all day long on her day off, to move back home with me.
4) I don’t need cable in my room anyway.
5) I made best friends with the cable lady, and she is sending me five free pay per view movies because she couldn’t resolve my problem on the phone.
6) I don’t have to go to work today anyway. I get to go talk about my mental health with a bunch of like minded people people in a similar situation.
7) my life is pretty darn good. I am done complaining.
So, see what I did there? I turned my bad attitude into gratitude. Not bad for one point five cups of coffee. I am off to shower and meditate. Have a fantastic day. 🙂
PS- I’m going to get Lucy her flea medicine today.