Good morning! I am back with the other twenty things I feel compelled to accomplish while the age of 40. It occurs to me that this would have been an easier task had I started at 20 rather than 40, but then I may not have as many things to put on my list, right? As it stands, the ideas are coming at me so fast now that twenty more seems rather paltry. However, I have to keep in mind that most of the things on my list are going to take time and planning- marking them all off my list is going to take a lot of (fun) work!
I’m just going to jump right in! Here goes:
21) go on a camping trip that doesn’t totally suck. We’ll see if this is even possible.
22) learn how to make a quilt
23) leave the state of California at least twice, preferably in a different direction each time.
24) ride a ferry to an island
25) attend a live sporting event.
26) really fine tune my meditation practice
27) treat my body as kindly as it has treated me all these years.
28) never go to a public place in private clothes (ie, pajamas), not even once (this one is for Holly Nutt. LOL)
29) Go to Gilroy Gardens ( writing Holly’s name made me think of this one)
30) Do the Halloween tour at the Big Sur Lighthouse!
31) Visit no less than five museums
32) Write every single day for no less than 30 minutes.
33) Make a solid effort to connect more with my family, the ones who DON’T live with me.
34) Practice kindness, empathy, and non-judgement every single day.
35) Plant a garden in my huge, awesome, back yard.
36) Do my very best to make my home feel inviting and look good
37) Get rid of the clothes that do not fit me.
38) Have at least one party- this is a total phobia of mine, and it is HIGH TIME I get over it
39) Buy, and learn to use, a barbecue. You are 40, for the love of God.
40.) Say yes as often as I can- I am not getting any younger!
Oh my gosh, I am just so excited about the direction my life is going. I will definitely be keeping you all posted on where I am at with my list. Wish me luck. The clock is ticking!
Have a beautiful, wonderful, exciting, lovely day. 🙂